Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hot/Cold Faucet Trick for Kids

When my son got tall enough to reach the faucet in the sink I was thrilled because this meant he was gaining some independence and could wash his own hands without me hoisting him up to the sink.  Woohoo!  It also meant that I was worried about him scalding himself with the hot water.  Because he couldn't read yet, I knew it would have to be a simple way for him to remember which side was hot and which was cold.

I decided to use rubber bands on the faucet handles; red for hot and blue for cold.  After that he never had a problem remembering which one to use!



Hopefully that will be a little trick you can use for your own kiddos!  Thanks for reading, Cheap Mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...